My Thoughts

This is not a book review site - it started that way, I conceptualise this blog that way but I found that I can't separate my feelings from my writings. I can't be objective about a book.

Reading has been my main hobby cultivated for almost 4 decades. I read for pleasure and experience. This blog is where I pour my thoughts and feelings in that experience.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Blogger templates

My Visitors

free counters
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

28.9.14
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of the most poignant books I ever read. It’s not at the top but it’s almost. The situation that Ridge was in and how he acted on it makes me realise and gives me the right perspective that indeed, it is possible to love two persons at the same time. How you act on it determines the outcomes and the happiness or sadness of the party involved.

I am not in favour on how Ridge acted on it before Maggie’s decision but at the same time, Ms Hoover wrote it in a way that doesn’t make you hate Maggie or Sydney. It makes me believe that this situation is indeed possible and there’s just not an easy way out. I applaud Maggie for standing up for herself despite her getting hurt in the process. I suppose, she had a happy ending too. And in doing so, she gave Ridge and Sydney their own happy ending.

I like how Ridge is the most emotional among all the characters in this book. I love men who know how to show their emotion and don’t make it messy and don’t make you think that they’re less of a man – I’m married to one.

I love the other supporting characters except Hunter and Tori of course. I don’t understand and get men or women who cheat. ‘Nough said.

This book opens up the door for me for more Ms Colleen Hoover books. Happy days and crying times.

View all my reviews
*****

0 comments: