My Thoughts

This is not a book review site - it started that way, I conceptualise this blog that way but I found that I can't separate my feelings from my writings. I can't be objective about a book.

Reading has been my main hobby cultivated for almost 4 decades. I read for pleasure and experience. This blog is where I pour my thoughts and feelings in that experience.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Blogger templates

My Visitors

free counters
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

24.10.15
By Clarice Winter.  The first book in the Spring Valley River series. 

This is a very simple story.  I would have loved to read some emotions in the breakup of Harper and Brad.  I admit, I am a sucker for not only romantic stories but stories that tug to your heart.  Not because you have been through what the main characters have been but because, the author has written it so good that you feel it.  

For me, what makes this book different from the others with similar plot is that, Brad's parents get to have more dialogue in the book than Brad.  I would really like to read more of Brad and what's up with him - what his struggle is, why would he say that he is broken and he is trying to heal.  

There are some funny parts though.  The discussion between Harper and Audrey are good.  I laughed a couple of times.

All in all, not so bad for a very short story.  I'd give it 3 stars.

I'd be tempted to buy the other books in the series but I have so many books to go through. 

0 comments: